What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I remembered this quote from the movie PCU last night (it's a dumb, but hilarious, college movie). Has anyone else seen it? Anyways, this quote relates to a scene where a bunch of grad students who are working on their theses end up losing all their work because this guy pulls the plug that controls on the computers. The grad students end up going to the main character who just so happens to have a bunch of term papers that the grad students are desperate enough to use for their theses. This is a quote from on of the students when the main character asks him what his major is:

Main Guy: Next.
Grad Student: Uh, Sanskrit.
Main Guy: Sanskrit? You're majoring in a 5,000 year-old dead language?
Grad Student: Yeah.
Main Guy: Okay... Ooh.
[searches through papers]
Main Guy: Latin. It's the best I can do.

I find it humorous, at least.

Olivia Hattan

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That's the only part of that movie that I remember...

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

I think it's the only part of the movie anyone can remember. I think that means I should watch it again. :)

- Olivia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home