What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Sunday, January 14, 2007

As some of you know, I work with kids at one of my jobs, so it's really cool to watch them learn things. Some of the teachers where I work know that I'm taking Latin, so they're curious as to how it's going and what I'm learning. I love it when the kids find out I'm taking Latin because they think it's some mysterious form of Spanish (at least that's one of them told me; I love the way a child's mind works). I play Hang Man with them on occasion and I'm thinking of giving them a Latin word to guess. And when they can't figure it out, I think I'll attempt to give them a lesson... or probably confuse them even more.

Oh, Professor M., I showed my fiance My Big Fat Greek Wedding for the first time this weekend after I asked you about it. Not that this has anything to do with Latin, but he was almost crying at the part where Toula's aunt questioned Ian about how he didn't eat meat and how she would make him lamb (I guess because I'm a vegetarian and he's not, so now the running joke between us is whether or not I'll eat lamb). I'm sorry, I know it embarasses you, but I love that movie. :)

Olivia Hattan

1 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd give it a try, but don't be surprised if you just confuse them. I know I confused the heck out of my little brother, David, when I was trying to explain to him how to decline nouns in Latin and why everything can't be in the nominative.

And that is too funny about My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home