What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?
Hey,
On page 98, line 5
Romani auxilium ferunt hotesque iam oppugnant.
Is it...
Romans carry help and already fight enemies?
That sounds ridiculously incorrect.
Let me know what you guys think.
Also, in reply to Olivia, I completely failed the quiz today.
I was not expecting that on our quiz. If it weren't for those quizzes I'd have an A in this class.. :(
One more thing- Does anyone know if this blog is 7% extra on a test or on our overall grade?
See you tomorrow!
-Stacey Bedard

3 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Stacey, I agree 100 percent with you: If it weren't for those quizzes, I would rock the class. But again, they are good reminders of what we need to concentrate on, no matter how much they hurt when we get our grades back.

Olivia

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Yes, that's true. I just know the time I put into that class and I feel I deserve an A. Quizzes everyday is just crazy to me...but there is not much we can do about it I suppose.
-Stacey

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Yeah, I know, the daily quizzes are tough and unpopular...but if you are interested in Latin, don't let that hamper your spirits! There are 4 Latin sections next semester, and, as far as I know, the other three test with (bi) weekly tests. So do give those sections a try too, the Latin language is still the same!

The blog is from 1% to 7% extra credit on your final grade.

And yes, for those of you who will continue next semester, you have to do a little something over the winter break, or it will all go away! Trust me, I have seen it happen year after year!! And no, I don't need a break from you at all, in fact I cannot wait to start the second semester, where the Latin gets infinitely more interesting...C' mon, do you really want to translate *just* the present tense till kingdom come??!!

A presto amici-

EM.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home