What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

So, who else did terribly on today's quiz? Yeah, I'll admit it, I did fantastically poor. But that's why I strangely love those quizzes: They are a very nice reality check. And is anyone else worried they may lose some of what we've learned this semester over winter break? I remember in high school taking three years of Spanish, and after every summer vacation, I went into my next year of Spanish feeling completely stupid. I think, though, that because Latin hasn't been traumatizing and I actually find it interesting, I'm looking forward to next semester and shouldn't be too bad off in the spring.

Viva la end of semester (See? I still know some Spanish)! We all (including Professor M for putting up with us) need a break!

Olivia

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger RaeS said...

You know I did terribly, Olivia! I want to blame my cold, which seemed to freeze my brain on Tuesday. My performance on today's quiz was totally my fault though. But the quizzes are great in diagnosing exactly what I need to study. I wouldn't want to go without them, Prof. M. They really are a great teaching tool.

I too am a little worried about forgetting things over the break. I bought next semester's textbook already, so perhaps I'll look ahead... And there's always the possibility of teaching some Latin to my 14-year-old little brother, David, during the break. He's obsessed with languages, and about every other week, he invents a new one for the fantasy stories he writes... He's a young J. R. Tolkien in the making. Can't wait for break 'cause I get to go visit my family in the Carolinas and in Virginia! Just 9 days left 'til the last day of classes! ;D But I will miss our class for the month that we won't be meeting. I hope to see everyone in January!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home