What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I keep forgetting to do these blogs, but Olivia told me about the horribly awesome Elmo picture, I just had to check it out. That pretty much sums it up for me...although I do wonder why Elmo hanged himself - did he finally snap after years and years of referring to himself in the third person?
Or maybe he was taking Latin 1 and couldn't get a grip on the infinitive forms of verbs and the many, many declensions.
Before class, Olivia, Mia, and I were talking about people randomly asking how to say things in Latin. Our response? "I don't know, but I can tell you all about Quintus in the field!" We also discussed getting a book of silly/dirt Latin phrases and "revamping" the textbook. Imagine, instead of reading about Scintilla making dinner, we translate a page of cartoons that goes something like this:
Flaccus goes to the pub. He hires a prostitute.
Scintilla is angry.
Flaccus and Quintus are tired.

A bit messed up, yes, but rather funny.
As of yet, I haven't done tonight's homework, but I'll get on it soon enough.

Becky Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home