What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I understand where Stacy was coming from. It seems like yesterday things came so quickly I didn't have enough time to even comprehend, let alone to ask questions. I am starting to feel like my studying method is not efficient and horribly slow. I am having a hard time remebering the infinitives, which means learning the declensions is more difficult...well you get the point, it snowballs, and quickly! I'm still debating whether or not I will be helped by maybe setting up a group study, but I fear that we would all confuse eachother, rather than help. I e-mailed the Latin tutor asking her for some advice on how to study, so we'll see how that goes. Yesterday in my Leadership Survey class, we went over what are our biggest stressors. Of course Latin was right up there, but I suprised myself by not saying it was something I would remove from my life. The truth is, Latin is the reason my day isn't so horrible. I feel so connected with the class because few others understand what were going though, and we have a bond that literally transcends time.

Quick thought, if we translated our Latin passages word for word into English, we would all sound like Yoda! :)

Sarah Hebert

1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Haha! That's true. Yoda r0cks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home