What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Saturday, September 02, 2006

What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Stacey Bedard

August 31, 2006

I chose Latin for 3 reasons:
1. I am a Tech Writing major and Latin will help me improve my vocabulary. I'm hoping this course will help me define unknown words be their roots which will in turn improve the word bank in my head.

2. I’ve always found Latin interesting. I went to a Catholic Elementary school as a child and our daily mass was in Latin. The language seemed to so powerful and mystical- it's almost as though the gods were only aloud to speak it. (I was a kid give a break. :) )

3. I thought it would be a nice challenge. I've taken 1 year of French, 2 years of Spanish, and I grew up will relatives that spoke Italian. With a small background in the romance languages I thought Latin would be fun and interesting.

So far the class has not been too difficult. I'm glad I decided to make Latin my foreign language and I hope to gain a wonderful experience from the class.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Thinking of the reasons of what Latin has done
I sit on my seat ,still, where I begun!
Thinking of the reasons of what Latin has done
Oh wait! I think I got one!
Alas , there never was a perfectly good rea-son .

I know the direction of my fate, so whimsical:
Pre-med, Per-Med it yells, as I ride my bicycle.
I guess that’s a reason enough , why am I so fickle?
Like raindrops these words fall, hmm… maybe trickle.

Yet what do I care?
Thinking of the reasons of what Latin has done,
Surely it will help, I have only just begun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home