What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Monday, August 28, 2006

Why Latin?
Well, there are many reasons. One, it was convienent for my schedule. Two, I've been interested in it for a while. Three, not many people take it.

I developed an interest in Latin when I started reading the Harry Potter series. Make fun if you must, but I'm serious. There are a few Latin phrases in there, and I wanted to know what they meant. So I went to a translating website, and it stemmed from there. Knowing even a little Latin (I mean really little) in high school helped tremendously, since many English words get their roots from this language.

So, I'll leave you with the Harry Potter phrase that started it all:
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

~Rebecca Brown (call me Becky)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home