What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Sunday, September 03, 2006

To be honest, Latin never interested me before. I took three years of Spanish in high school because it was the most popular thing to do. When I arrived at college and knew I had to take a foreign language, I swore I would never take Spanish. I wanted to try something new, and a friend of mine who studied Latin in high school told me about it, so I figured why not. After the first week, I’m already enjoying it (especially after lectures).

Already I’m enjoying explaining root words and such to my fiancé. I’ll have him quiz me on words after I do the homework, and then I get excited to show him how the Latin word has brought about an English word (for example, salutat in Latin and salutations in English). He probably thinks I’m crazy, but it feels awesome to be excited about something I’m learning. I guess Latin is already doing wonders for me.

Until next time…

Olivia Hattan (Sep. 3, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home