What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I haven’t lived with my parents in two years and yet I continue to call my mom every day. I guess it’s just habit from my first year in college. I usually call her after classes (Latin is my last class on any given day) or at night when I can talk for free. She always asks how classes are going and the first class I talk about is Latin. She probably thinks I’m crazy because I talk about the class so much, but then I thought about and realized that I have never had a class where I’ve put this much effort towards it. Sounds odd, I know, but if I don’t feel as though I’m putting some substantial effort towards things, I’m going to die a slow death (you catch my drift). Next time I visit home though, I hope to express my parents with some of our Latin skills.

And that Elmo picture a few posts down… totally sums up how I feel sometimes when I don’t understand the grammar and such.

Olivia Hattan (Sep. 12, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home