What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Wednesday, December 06, 2006


Dear all-

It's me, your teacher, Ms. Garrison! I cannot believe it is over either. I had to leave in a haste today because I was getting all mushy like I do always at the end of the semester, when that last class comes and goodbyes must be said. I have had a wonderful time with all of you, and you guys have been hands down the funniest, liveliest, and smartest kids that I have taught beginning Latin to (and this is not an exaggeration...perhaps I need to admit I am becoming better at teaching this stuff myself...). Becky, your posting was lovely, I had no idea you guys had such good times between 12.50 and 1.00 (it was all downhill from there...). You are most welcome to audit the class next semester and thus get a leg up into Latin II when you finally take it for credit. And you can also blog with the rest of the class, if only to tell us what you will be up to next semester... Best wishes to all for the holidays---don't forget to practice your Latin religiously every day until we meet again (yeah, riiight).

Yours (=Vestra),

Eleni

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Professor M.,

You're awesome. Get all mushy if you want, but honestly, this class has been one of the most fulfilling classes in my college career. I've never had a professor who was so concerned about how their students were doing and were so ready to help us out with anything. Every student, no matter what major or class, deserves to have at least class where they walk away and think, "Whoa! I learned a whole hell of a lot and may actually use what I learned in some way!" I don't think I'm in the majority in that, because although Latin isn't spoken, it has already come in handy for me after just a few months.

I won't be in class tomorrow because I have two finals right before Latin and will be staying up a bit extra tonight to get some last minute studying in, so I'm planning on passing out from exhaustion after my last final. However, I look forward to seeing you (and everyone else who is signed up for your Latin II class) next semester. :)

Have a wonderful break!

Olivia

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Professor M.,
You and I are alike in the "emotional department". I get emotional with goodbyes and even when people compliment I often fight back tears. Must be a girl thing... haha

I would like to commend you for coming here, all alone, to pursue your career/studies. I can't imgaine how difficult it is. I get extremly lonely with out my family. I moved out when I was 19, lived aways for a year and a half and now I am back! haha Maybe I am a big baby, but I am close with my family and I hate being alone. It sucks! But keep your chin up and like you always say you are fabulous! haha
See you in class. LAST DAY!!!! :(

Stacey Bedard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home