What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Friday, October 20, 2006

So today is my one day a week where I have no school OR job to go to, so I try to relax and get some things done around my apartment or catch up on studying... and what happens? I wake up with what feels like a minor sinus infection! However, I found humor in the word "sinus" looking like "asinus." Right now, it's very appropriate with how I'm feeling.

I was in my American Lit. class yesterday right before Latin and we were going over some reading (i.e. I was trying to stay awake) and I caught a passage in Latin. I wasn't familiar with any of the words, but I noticed that one of the words was in ablative plural. I was proud of myself that I could recognize that. Let's hope I can do that on the midterm on Monday.

And yes, I will admit, I'm starting to see how beneficial the daily quizzes are. Sometimes I dread them, but they really do help when I'm studying (especially this weekend).

- Olivia Hattan

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Olivia-

bring on the passage to the blog (if it's small), I'd love for others and me to see it...

yeah, don't you just hate it when something that feels bad is actually beneficial...you will see on Monday, trust me.

EM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home