What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just got finished studying for Wednesday's exam a little less than an hour ago... Boy, those 3rd declension nouns and adjectives were tripping me up since the 7th chapter was introduced, but I think I have it worked out now. I think I was making it more complicated than it actually is for some reason. I was really worried this afternoon because I know I did horribly on today's quiz and last Thursday's quiz as well... I hope, I hope, I hope I've got it now.

nom. sing. - canis, rex, frater, princeps, comes, urbs, fortis
gen. sing. - canis, regis, fratris, principis, comitis, urbis, fortis
acc. sing - canem, regem, fratrem, principem, comitem, urbem, fortem
abl. sing - cane, rege, fratre, principe, comite, urbe, forte

nom. pl. - canes, reges, fratres, principes, comites, urbes, fortes
acc. pl. - canes, reges, fratres, principes, comites, urbes, fortes
abl. pl. - canibus, regibus, fratribus, principibus. comitibus. urbibus, fortibus

Yes?

~Rachael Stern

5 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

yeh i doesn't look so hard when you write it all out like that.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

ps- thanks for clearing up dant. -stacey bedard

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Absolutely correct---an excellent job!

BUT ablative of adjectives is in -I, so 'forti'


EM

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Ah, yes, I see now. I guess I was studying the consonant stem endings for adjectives... But I see it now. So "omnis" and "fortis" are both -i stem 3rd declension adjectives?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

Forget the whole 'I-stem' lingo for now. I will introduce it in Ch. 9, when the book deems it proper to teach the...genitive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home