What Has Latin Done for Me Lately?

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I noticed when I was going over the practice sheet that there is a word, "habet", in number 11 of the practice sentences. I don't believe that we've had that verb yet. "He has"?

Also, from #9 of the practice extra credit, I can't find the word for "today" in the textbook. I also couldn't find a Latin equivalent for the adverb function of "no" in English in the back of the text. I could only find the adjective, "nullus." I don't think we've learned the verb "to learn" yet either, but I did find it in the back. Would "pueri manent in ludi quod cupiunt valde multus discere" be an acceptable translation for that question?

~ Rachael Stern

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Ex Pluribus Unum said...

hm...OK, I will be checking the vocabulary more diligently this morning, to make sure you are not dealing with words we have not learned yet. Your translation is good, correct 'in ludo' (in + Abl) and there you are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home